07 March 2017

The Barracuda - The Dance At St. Francis - 1968-1971 Psychedelic Rock ( Lyrics )


Lyrics

THE DANCE AT ST. FRANCIS
(written by Gary Bonner & Alan Gordon; vocals by Peter Sando of Gandalf)
(As recorded by The Barracuda, released on RCA records)
(Charted at Radio KJR Seattle, debuted 11/15/68, peaking at #29)

"I'll be waiting at St. Francis if it takes all night.....

Maybe I'll see Marie tonight and everything will be all right
Well every little thing I think will be all right.

I listen to the beat of a broken heart,
Haunting me since we're apart,
As I go searchin' down her block tonight.

I may find her at St. Francis, there's a dance tonight.
I'll be waiting at St. Francis, if it takes all night.

They say you've found someone new;
I'm gonna prove it's not true.

Maybe I'll get no sleep tonight,
And maybe there's gonna be a fight;
But still I've got to see Marie.... tonight...
Tonight,
Tonight,-yeah.
Tonight,
Tonight,
Tonight . . ."



Πριν από τους Gandalf υπήρξαν οι Barracuda με τον Peter Sando στην σύνθεση τους.Το 2007 κυκλοφόρησε ένας δίσκος ώς Gadalf-2 με τραγούδια των Barracuda και ακυκλοφόρητα των Gandalf

No comments: